When we learn to believe that life is a mystery that unfolds itself in mystifying ways. We discover that our lives are defined by experiencing joy in every moment. The joy which is beyond our imagination.
Instead of fighting hard and exerting all our energy, all we need to do is have faith in life and its mystic nature.
I am not saying that it’s bad to make plans for your life and stick to them. I am saying it’s important to believe that life has great plans in store for you too.
A year filled with incredible experiences comes to an end. During this year, I learned a simple yet very powerful 3 step formula that can uplift your nature of being and live an abundant life which you deserve.
3 Step Formula which will take you from where you are to where you want to be:
As we finish this year with amazing wins, here is an opportunity to perform a 3 step exercise.
Attitude of Gratitude
Yes, we have heard this several times – The Best Attitude Is To Pay Gratitude, Be Thankful. Count Your Blessings, say “Thank You” and many different versions of staying fulfilled and happy by being thankful for all that we have.
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” ~ Melody Beattie
Acknowledging what we already have not just opened the door for rich opportunities but also leads us to a life filled with great joy.
Yes, it is as simple as it sounds. However, we get busier in our modern lives; we rarely take time to be thankful to all that we have. It is recommended that you maintain a gratitude journal and instill a habit of writing your “Thank You” list ones or twice a week to begin with.
Following are a few points to consider when you find yourself stuck with starting a gratitude journal or have lost motivation while writing:
- You need a simple book, to begin with; start writing your thoughts on how thankful you are. Don’t get caught in owning a fancy journal, template or an app to begin with. All you need is YOU and a place to capture YOUR thoughts.
- Begin your day or end your day by journaling your thoughts. Such rituals help you stay focused, be truly thankful and content throughout the day. It also fills you with a bundle of energy for the day. You may do this every day or every alternate day or twice in a week as well. Most people get stuck doing it every day and the exercise involves a list of 5-10 things that one is thankful too. What’s more important is to journal the list of people you are grateful to and not the number of times you do the exercise or how big the list is. However, weekly journaling is highly recommended.
- Most people think that a gratitude journal can make magic happen. Yes, it does make magic happen but not merely by writing superficially or thinking superficially. You must take time to define the event, the moment and the person which made you feel the emotion of being truly thankful. Live that experience and emotion while writing the gratitude note.
Here is your New Year Challenge:
Write the names of individuals who made 2015 a great experience, take time to write them a gratitude note. It’s time to tell them how grateful you are to have them in your life, call them and acknowledge their very presence in your life. Believe me; such small acts can fill your life with loads of happiness.
Believe In Abundance
What you find outside of you is reflection of what is hidden inside of you.
There are two worlds in which we operate. The world within us and the world outside of us. If our world within is filled with insecurities, jealousy we believe that there is a scarcity of everything around us. When our inner world loves to find happiness in other’s victories, when we start acknowledging what we already have, we believe there is enough of everything and for everyone.
When you believe in abundance, you not only understand yourself and your worth but also appreciate the worth of fellow beings. You discard insecurities and build possibilities for a greater and abundant you.
One simple way to start experiencing Abundance in your life is by not comparing yourself with any others.
When you compare, most of the time it is “me” against the “others”. The root of such comparisons has to prove your self-worth and in the whole process, you never build your self-worth even if you achieve great results. A comparison is a state where you might momentarily feel happy but never truly experience fulfillment. The key to experiencing true happiness and abundance is only when you compare yourself with yourself.
Abundance is not a place to crave or reach , it is the place to come from. Believe – “I already have enough and everything else is a bonus.”
Here is your new year Exercise. Write down the following:
- 5 big wins you have had in the last year.
- Compare yourself with yourself what are the 3 things you have become better at, in the last one year?
- What are those 5 things about yourself you like the most?
Learn To Serve
A life not lived for others is not a life. ~Mother Teresa
In a world when most people are affected by “WIIFM” (What’s in it for me) syndrome, it’s time for us to take a look at life little differently. Service doesn’t start when we have something to give – it blossoms naturally when we have nothing left to take. And that is a powerful place to be.
We must serve coz that’s how we truly grow and live when we are gone. When we learn to serve even one, the ripple of one such act creates abundance in the lives of many.
As Rachel Naomi Remen puts it, “When you help, you see life as weak. When you fix, you see life as broken. When you serve, you see life as a whole.”
When you truly serve you become one with the universe.
Don’t think “what can I serve?” Think “how can I serve?”. The whole paradigm shift starts to happen from within.